Press release for announcement of the enhanced Graduate Trainee Program:
Since 1995 The Kuwait Investment Authority has conducted a training program for new Kuwaiti graduates to prepare them for a successful career in the finance and investment sector. In that time, 562 trainees have successfully completed the training program, with many progressing to senior leadership positions in both local and foreign financial institutions. From inception, the program has been unique due to the combination of classroom-based training with invaluable workplace assignments with leading international financial institutions.
The finance sector is a dynamic and highly competitive environment to operate in, experiencing numerous important changes over time. In recognition of this and with continued demand for high calibre finance professionals in the market, the Kuwait Investment Authority in cooperation with a global consulting firm recently completed a thorough review of the training program with one objective: to ensure the program continues to be one of the most valuable and prestigious opportunities available to fresh Kuwaiti graduates seeking a career in Finance and Investment.
The review included enhancements to a number of aspects of the program, including;
- An updated training curriculum that guarantees trainees the best and most current finance training available, containing CFA Level I at the core with an increased emphasis on practical learning
- The program will now be open to Kuwaiti applicants from a range of quantitative degree programs including Engineering amongst others
- A clarification of entry requirements to compliment the program’s objective to recruit and train high potential future Kuwaiti finance professionals, using internationally recognized tests such as GRE and TOEFL / IELTS
- Revised on-the-job training opportunities within the Kuwait Investment Authority to further understand the activities of one of the most respected sovereign wealth funds globally
- Enhanced alumni networking opportunities providing graduate trainees with greater access than ever to Kuwaiti finance professionals both in Kuwait and internationally
The enhancements for 2015 ensure that the proven success of the program will be further built on moving forwards, with Kuwait continuing to produce high calibre world-class finance professionals.
Applications for the June 2015 stream will commence on February 1st 2015. For further details about the program and how to apply, check the website www.kia.gov.kw or local press for further details.